This Introduction to Statistics Course uses problem-based learning that shows you how to apply your knowledge in real-world situations. Our Many Ways learning model feature multiple teachers and various instructional styles for each concept so you can find a style that meshes with your individual learning preference. This rich, immersive experience helps you better understand and retain information, for an all-around smarter way to learn.
Sophia’s Introduction to Statistics Course helps you gain mastery of the basic principles of statistics. In this Course, you will learn a variety of topics, including statistical principles, research methodologies, data analysis, and hypothesis testing. You will also have the opportunity to demonstrate the application of these topics in statistics to everyday situations.
By the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Understand and identify key principles of statistical reasoning and statistical methods.
- Apply concepts of data and data representation in a real world context.
- Calculate variation and central tendency and recognize patterns in distributions.
- Apply concepts of probability and risk in real life scenarios.
- Determine correlation and causation and distinguish between them in context.
- Apply concepts of hypothesis testing and utilize t-tests, z-tests, and ANOVA in real world situations.
All courses are offered on a rolling enrollment basis. You choose your own start date and have 60 days to complete each course. However, because the courses are self-paced, you can complete them in fewer than 60 days.
Self-Paced, 60 day completion, free 30 day extension available.
ACE Credit Recommendation
4 College Credits