German I B is the second semester of a beginning level course that will introduce the student to a variety of areas of language learning. In this course, the student will learn listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills through a variety of activities. Throughout the five units, or themes, of material (city, family, food, leisure time, and school and chores), the student will learn to express himself using an ever-increasing vocabulary, present-tense verbs, articles, and adjectives. Grammar is introduced and practiced in innovative and interesting ways with a variety of learning styles in mind. Culture is presented throughout the course to help the learner focus on the German-speaking world, people, geographical locations, and histories.
- Identify cultural influences of Germany and other German-speaking countries
- Compare and contrast characteristics of German and American culture
- Use basic German vocabulary and grammar to speak and write about a variety of topics
- Apply the nominative, dative, and accusative cases
- Identify how to express preferences
- Identify how to extend, accept, and decline invitations
Connections Learning courses start every week on a Tuesday. The start and end dates for each semester are listed below:
Fall Semester Start Date 8/1/2018
Last Enrollment date for Fall 12/7/2018
Fall Semester End Date 1/7/2019
Spring Semester Start Date 1/8/2019
Last Enrollment date for Spring 4/9/2019
Spring Semester End Date 6/14/2019
Once enrolled we will be in touch to confirm your preferred start date and advise of the next steps
Each course will run for a duration of 16 weeks.
World Language courses require a headset and microphone which is compatible with the computer being used for the course.